1. Eggplant makes me throw up. Do not try to sneak it into my food. ‘Nuff said.
2. Buy now, save later! I am becoming addicted to bargain shopping at CVS and at Meijer stores using The Grocery Game‘s list. I’m not sure this is a good thing. But, yes, it is fun. If you’re interested, I can hook you up and you can take it for your own test drive. I am learning things…about bargain shopping, and about myself.
3. One of the things on my thankful list this year is Barney. Yes, I was one of those people who swore he would never be watched in my house. And, no, my kids are not particularly interested in him at this stage of the game. But I don’t think I would tell my kids ‘I love you’ nearly as much if it weren’t for Barney. Those words didn’t come easily in my family when I was growing up. But good ‘ole Barney said it enough for several lifetimes. It flows effortlessly from me now.
4. I love Hello Kitty. I’m not sure why. But apparently this unexplainable love was genetically transmitted to my daughter.
5. I don’t have cable. (Blogging is the new cable, isn’t it?)
6. In college, I won the Margaret Beatty Courtney poetry prize. This was my last major literary honor until my honorable mention in the Haiku Buckaroo contest.
7. Even though I am an introvert, after we moved to Illinois I went knocking on neighbors’ doors to find playmates for my extroverted child. I am not sorry.
I’m tagging Sincerely Anna, Knightly Chats, Jill @ The Diaper Diaries, David @ Conscious and Occasionally Organized Ramblings and Cindy @ Happy Chaps. If I haven’t tagged you, you’ve either already done it — or you don’t seem to be much of a meme-er. So if you’re reading, and you want to play, consider yourself tagged…and take pity on me and leave a comment! It’s my 100th post!