Actually, this would more accurately be titled: 13 things I love about shopping at Meijer with my 3 year old.
If you don’t like crass commercialism, click away now. But of late, I have been struck with how close to pleasant it can actually be to shop with a 3 year old in tow while searching for specific bargain items. I’m definitely an Aldi fan, but my Meijer-love grows bigger each week. So, I thought I’d take the opportunity to see if I could finally come up with 13 items for a Thursday Thirteen.
- the “doggy bones” candy my 3 y.o. likes to get out of the $.25 candy machines
- the chatty greeter who always has my cart ready while I’m trying to keep the 3 y.o. from dropping all the “doggy bones” and then eating them off the floor
- $1.00 snacks on sale
- my Grocery Game list which nets me even bigger bargains
- Michigan produce; I have some deLIcious apples in my fridge (Empire)
- the joy my 3 y.o. gets from going to look at the fish in the pet section
- my favorite grocery clearance rack right beside the fish; up to 80% off regular retail
- Starbucks samples — most recently toffee nut latte
- great coupons that print at the register to stack with other deals
- cheap gas
- plus 5 cents off gas with the Meijer credit c@rd
- the Meijer M@sterCard gives money back
- And last but certainly not least. “For Meijer customers” : free kiddie rides on the mechanical horsey