In celebration and solidarity, I thought I’d do another shamelessly commercial Thursday Thirteen to share my love for all things Aldi.
While doing random research for this post, I discovered that Trader Joe’s and Aldi are kissin’ cousins, which comes as no surprise to this gal. Some of my favorite products at Aldi, I once purchased at Trader Joe’s. I was especially glad when I stopped having to trek over to TJ’s for #3. Don’t get me wrong, I still head over every once in a while for a special treat, but it’s definitely something I do for special occasions rather than routine shops.
In my very unscientific trial, I am finding that I can often get things cheaper at Meijer using my Grocery Game list. But I do love many Aldi items, and their prices usually cannot be beat if you don’t combine sales with coupons. Here, in no particular order, are some of my faves:
- Milk and Honey hand soap
- Jasmine rice
- Frozen ‘haricot verts’-style green beans
- Canned baked beans
- Dee-licious canned corn
- Cat litter
- Tandil oxygen activated stain remover (don’t make me live without this)
- Their version of the Magic Eraser sponge (you need one)
- Apple juice (It is not pretty if we run out of apple juice in this house)
- Chex-style snack mix (I occasionally run out of this just on principal)
- Peppercorn potato chips (heaven)
- Ground turkey (haven’t found a better price)
- I love their frozen “crispy” chicken (combined with mashed potatoes and green beans for a quick, easy, comforting, kid-friendly meal)