My new bloggy friend Michelle tagged me for the 7 random things meme, which I’ve done once before here. Since it seems to take such things to get me to write a blog post these days, I will gladly participate.
1. I am a whiner. Sadly, my kids are too. I’ve mentioned that I’m the youngest of 4 girls. When I was little, one of my older sisters (*cough* the one who wanted to make sure everyone knew she was not the baby *cough*) used to call me “Elaine the Pain.” How could you not whine when that happens? See? It’s happening again. At least my kids don’t cry as much as I did.
2. I am a good mom. I’m trying to give my kids the tools they need to move beyond their whiny heritage.
3. I am, finally, after 13 years of marriage, a good cook. Last week, I threw together a little home-cooked comfort-food meal of baked chicken, scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole, and rolls within an hour. No one was harmed in the process (I don’t even think there was any whining!). When I was first married, that surely would have taken the whole afternoon. I did not inherit a complex culinary heritage from my mom.
4. I am a mystery shopper. I started picking up a few local mystery shopping jobs in February after reading about it in my frugal blogging travels. My husband says I’m the perfect mystery shopper. Probably because I’m one of those people who flies low under the radar. You wouldn’t notice me. And I’m detail oriented and have a good memory. Which could mean I’d be really good on ‘Survivor,’ except for that whole whining thing.
5. I love small things. In a really big way. So does ‘Nell.’
6. My husband and I are thinking of opening an Etsy store selling his pottery and sending a percentage of the proceeds to various relief efforts in Rwanda. You could pray about this.
7. I love making new bloggy friends, especially when they read my blog faithfully even though they don’t know why. I feel a new tag line coming on…
If you need blog fodder, consider yourself tagged. And since I still need blog fodder, I’ll be accepting your questions in the comments.
Read Full Post »